Monday, April 9, 2012

An Interview With HumorQ Champion Michael Alpiner


UB: So, you’re a HumorQ champion.  To what do you credit such an impressive sense of humor?

MA:  My father always shared his love of laughter with me, whether it was the “pun battles” we had, or just sitting and watching The Honeymooners.  Eventually, my skill with language fed into the selection of just the right word to make something funny.

UB: Do you have some sort of ritual that you do that helps you submit champion caliber captions?

MA: I usually analyze the cartoon for a while (longer if Bob sketches it – hehe) and then come back later in the day to deliver the zinger.

UB: Are there certain people you’d like to approach and say “Remember that day you said I wasn’t funny?  Well my humorq is (fill in your humorq here)” ? 

MA:Not really. I was always known as a funny person.  I never had to prove it to anyone.

UB: Let’s say you realized a tiny goat family has been living in the glove compartment of your car, what would you say to them? 

MA: First I would name the father Billy Goat Gruff-compartment, then I would ask if their “kid” was old enough to drive, but they would just tell me my jokes were Ba-a-a-a-d.

UB: Fair is fair.  Do you have a question for me? 

MA: Do you have plans for hooking your champions up with the New Yorker so that we can actually make money with our talent? Beyond the Starbucks gift card, of course. (joking).

UB: I actually do have plans for you to make money with your talents.  But first I think a larger portion of the world has to recognize the value of a HumorQ.

UB: In case you happen to write one liner jokes too, what (tasteful) one liner joke of yours would you like me to try out for you at my next open mic visit? (which I would put on youtube so you could see if it worked)

MA: It actually came from my wife while we were watching a news report about a church that had fire damage after being hit by lightening.  We wondered if on the insurance report, the church claimed that the lightening was an act of God…

UB: Is there another website (besides HumorQ.com where we put a number oh how funny people are), that you would like the world to know about? 

MA: Besides sites listing straw poll results for the 2012 Republican candidates, no.

UB: Finally, is there anything else you would like to share with the people learning about HumorQ?  

MA: It is both challenging and addictive, showing how funny some people are, and how unfortunately unfunny others are.  But, hey, we all love to laugh, so it’s all good.  Bob stepped up to create a pretty cool idea where in this life, often overcome by sadness, one can spread some joy. Thank you, Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your tasteful comments.